miércoles, 11 de mayo de 2011

8th level students

Hi there! How have you been? Did you enjoy your long weekend? I hope so As you know we have been working so hard with File 6 and there are some things that I'd like you to practice. To begin with let's do something on articles

Articles

http://www.oup.com/elt/global/products/englishfile/upperint/a_grammar/file06/nef_upperint_grammar06_ai02/

Do the activity and print your score.

Then do the following exercise on countable and uncountable nouns

Countable and uncountable nouns

Now to have extra  practice on vocabulary do the following activity about idioms and collocation

Idioms and collocation


Finally I want to do this activity about phrasal verbs, but apart from doing this activity, I want you to write 2 extra sentences with the phrasal  verbs you think were the most difficult for you to learn and upload them here on the blog as a "comentario" by this Monday.

Phrasal verbs in context

All the activities have to be handed in by Monday, ok? So good luck and take care. Remember just to print the score. Bye.

5 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi teacher, I'm Rubén and here are my two sentences

    I have to think up an excuse because I broke the window

    I was walking in the street when suddenly a car almost runs over me

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi teacher, my extra sentences are:
    "I was on time but something came up when I was on the road so I arrived late"
    "Thomas Alva Edison thought up the bulb"

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi teacher!
    It's quite confused. Run over have different meanings, for example:

    'The meeting ran over twenty minutes'

    Could you run over that point again; I'm afraid I didn't quite understand it.

    See you.

    ResponderEliminar